UGC Scholarship 2016 – 17 for PG Students ugc.ac.in Online Form & Dates
UGC Scholarship 2016
University Grants Commission UGC will offer scholarships PG postgraduate studies.
University Rank Holder and those seeking fellowship for professional courses may apply for the UGC PG scholarship 2016. Purpose of this program is to provide amount to worthwhile applicants for graduate programs.
Interested candidates can send their online application form on or before the last date it is August 31, 2016. You can check this page is provided by the sarkarinaukricareer.in equipment for full details on PG UGC Fellowship.
· Association Name: University Grants
· Category: UGC Scholarship 2016
· Official Website: ugc.ac.in
Name of Scheme for UGC Scholarship 2016:
- Post Graduate Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST Candidates
- Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship For University Rank Holders For PG Programs
Eligibility Criteria for UGC Scholarship 2016
For Post Graduate Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST Candidates:
1. Age Limit: Age of male candidates should not exceed from 45 years and for female candidates should not exceed from 50 years as on 01st July 2016.
2. Educational Qualification: Graduate degree in the relevant subject and got admission at regular Post graduation course in any of the Professional subject in a recognized University or institute.
For Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship For University Rank Holders For PG Programs:
Age Limit: Candidates age limit should not exceed more than 30 years for PG courses.
· Candidates should have at least 60% marks at undergraduate level.
· Candidates must got First & Second Rank at undergraduate level.
Amount of SC/ST Candidates scholarship Scheme
@Rs. 7,800/- per month (ME/M.Tech)
@Rs. 4,700/- per month for other courses.
@Rs. 15,000/- per annum (ME/M.Tech)
@Rs. 10,000/- per annum for other courses.
Amount For University Rank Holders scholarship Scheme
@Rs. 3100/-per month
Read Also: List Of Indian Presidents From 1947 To 2016
Objective of Scheme
- to promote and nurture talent;
- to reward meritorious students with outstanding performance at the Under graduate level for pursuing postgraduate studies;
- to provide financial assistance to 1000 SC/ST candidates to pursue postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects at recognized Indian Universities/Institutions/Colleges.
How to Apply for UGC PG Scholarship
- Candidates first visit the official website @ www.ugc.ac.in.
- Hit the link ‘e-SARTS Scholarships-Fellowships’ at the right side of home page.
- Now select link ‘Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holder’ or ‘Post Graduate Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST Candidates’ as per the scholarship of your choice.
- Now move your cursor to the ‘download’ link and select ‘guidelines’ tab.
- Choose the appropriate link from the notifications.
- Read the instructions carefully and select the suitable link to apply.
- Click on ‘apply now’.
- Now Fill Online Application Form with required details
- Upload required documents and certificates.
- Submit the form
- At last, take print out of it for future use.
- online application Form Starts from: 01st August 2016
- Last date to fill online application form: 31st August 2016
Important Note: Scholarship may be cancel in case of-
- Misbehavior of the candidates, if any, reported by the University/ Institution.
- Unacceptable mark in exam
- Those, who will be found ineligible at a later date, may also be liable to refund the entire Scholarship amount paid.
Note: For more information candidates may check the official link.
Read also: Check out CCRT scholarship
Read also: Check out CBSE scholarship