JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2016 for Droppers and Regular Students
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2016
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria indicates about the eligibility needed by the candidates to apply for the Joint Entrance Examination.Here the candidates will get all the eligibility required for the JEE Main 2016. This page related the details such as the age limitation of the candidates, year of passing the qualifying exam, percentage to be obtained in the last examination, maximum number of attempts Etc.
The candidates looking for the eligibility details about the JEE Main 2016, they are at the correct path they just have to scroll down the page and check the details from this page that is www.sarkarinaukricareer.in.
· The upper age limit for the JEE Main 2016 is 25, as on October 1, 2016.
· The reserved category candidates will have the 5 years of relaxation in their age.
· Candidates must have either appeared or passed class 12th in 2014, 2015 or 2016.
· The aspirants must have at least 5 main subjects in 12th Board.
Date of Birth:
· Only the DOB mentioned in Secondary Education Board / University certificate will be taken as the right reference.
· Candidates must be born on October 1, 1991 or after in order to qualify for appearing the JEE Main 2016 Exam.
· Reserved Candidates i.e. SC/ST/PwD candidates will have a relaxation of the upper age limit by 5 years.
· Which means, SC/ST/PwD Candidates must be born on October 1, 1986 or after
Year of Passing in Qualifying Exam:
· Class XII or other qualifying exam must be passed in 2014 or 2015; also the students who are giving their Class XII exam in 2016 are eligible.
· Candidate should have studied (and passed) minimum five subjects in their Class XII or other qualifying exam
Percentage required in Qualifying Exam:
· A candidate must have taken Physics and Math’s as compulsory subjects.
· Candidate must have studied any one from Chemistry, Bio-Technology, Computer Science or Biology as their optional subject.
· A General/ Unreserved candidate must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in total including all subjects.
Maximum number of attempts:
A candidate can appear JEE Main Exam for maximum three times for the attempts made.
List of Qualifying Exam:
A candidate must fulfill any condition below:
· The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central/ state Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
· Two-year Pre-University exam and Intermediate exam conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
· Final exam of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy
· H.S.C. vocational exam
· Senior Secondary School Exam with a minimum of five subjects conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling.
· A Diploma which is recognized by either AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3 year duration
· Any Public University/School/Board exam in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
For more details the candidates must kindly visit the website www.sarkarinaukricareer.in.