Basic Computer Knowledge (CA) Quiz 2017 IBPS Bank Railway SSC Exam
(A) Abacus (B) Analytical Engine
(C) Calculator (D) Processor
2. C is ?
(A) A machine language (B) A third generation high level language
(C) An assembly language (D) All of the above
3. Which of the following is an example of non volatile memory?
(A) VLSI (B) ROM
(C) RAM (D) LSI
4. CD–ROM is a kind of?
A) Optical disk (B) Magneto–Optical disk
(C) Magnetic disk (D) None of these
5. A device that converts digital signals to analog signals is ?
A) A modem (B) A packet
(C) A block (D) Both (A) and (B)
6. What is the primary requisite of a good computer programmer?
A) Mathematical mind (B) Artistic mind
(C) Logical mind (D) Scientific knowledge
7. Which of the following is the most powerful type of computer ?
(A) Super–micro (B) Super computer
(C) Super conductor (D) Megaframe
8. The ------ is the administrative section of the computer system?
(A) Central Processing Unit (B) Control Unit
(C) Input Unit (D) Memory Unit
9. Find the odd man out.
(A) FTP (B) TCP
(C) POP (D) SAP
10. Which of the following is NOT operating system?
(A) Window NT
11. India’s first super computer is?
(A) Trisul (B)Param
(C) Flow solver (D) Agni
12. Find the odd man out.
(A) Google (B) Altavista
(C) Java (D) Lycos
13. A language for simulating models of business activity is?
(A) COBOL (B) DL
(C) GPSS (D) SPSS
14. Which of the following is an advantage to using fibre optics data transmission?
(A) Fast data transmission rate (B) Resistance to data theft
(C) Few transmission errors (D) Low noise levels
15. Coded entries which are used to gain access to a computer system are called ?
(A) Codewords (B) Security commands
(C) Entry codes (D) Entry Command
16. The errors that can be pointed out by the compiler are
(A) Semantic errors (B) Logical errors
(C) Internal errors (D) Syntax errors
17.What is the number of bit patterns provided by a 7 bit code?
(A) 64 (B) 256
(C) 128 (D) 512
18. VSNL stands for?
(A) Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (B) Vigam System Nigar Ltd
(C) Very Soft Network Link (D) Very Small Network Link
19. Which is a single integrated circuit?
(A) GATE (B) CPU
(C) Mother Board (D) Chip
20. FPI stands for? a) Faults per inch b) Frames per inch c) Figure per inch d) Film per inch
21. The first movie released in 1982 with terrific computer animation and graphics was? a) Forbidden planet b) Dark star
c) Star wars d) tron
22. One byte is equivalent to? a) 4 bits b) 32 bits
c) 8 bits d) 12 bits
23. Find the odd one out? a) ORACLE b) INFORMIX,
c) C d) SYBASE
24. A device that converts digital signals to analog signals is? a) A modem b) A block
c) A packet d) Both (A) and (B)
25. Find the odd man out. a) Coaxial cable b) Microwaves,
c) Twisted pair wire, d) Optical fibre
26. The computer that is not considered as a portable computer is? a) Notebook computer b) Laptop computer,
c) Mini computer, d) None of these
27. ISDN stands for? a) Integrated Service Digital Network, b) Integrated System Digital Network,
c) International Standard Digital Network, d) International Subscriber Dialing Network
28. Full form of TCP is? a) Transmission control protocol b) Transmission control program
c) Totalling control program d) Total control Protocol
29. Web pages are written using? a) URL b) HTTP
c) HTML d) FTP
30. Find the odd one out? a) Touch screen b) Printer,
c) Keyboard d) Mouse
31. _____ is need to build dynamic web documents? a) HTML b) Java
c) CGI d) All of the above
32. Compilers and Interpreters are themselves? a) Programs b) Compilers and Interpreters are themselves
c) Codes d) Mnemonics
33. Select the smallest memory size? a) Terabyte b) Kilobyte,
c) Gigabyte d) None of these
34. UNIVAC is an example of a) First generation computer b) Second generation computer,
c) Third generation computer d) Fourth generation computer,
35. Which of the following is NOT operating system? a) Dos b) Java,
c) Window NT d) Unix
36. A terabyte comprises? a) 1024 megabyte b) 1024 byte
c) 1024 gigabyte, d) 1024 kilobyte
37. Which command combines the contents of one file with another? a) RESTORE b) ADD
c) APPEND d) RENAME
38. Graphic interfaces were first used in a xerox product is called? a) Zeta LISP b) Inter LISP
c) Small talk d) Ethernet
39. ROM is composed of a) Photoelectric cells b) Magnetic cores
c) Floppy disks, d) Microprocessors
40. The parity bit is added for the purpose of?
(A) Indexing (B) Error detection
(C) Controlling (D) Coding