GATE 2017 Application Form, Online Notification Important Dates Advertisement
GATE 2017 Application Form
GATE 2017 is scheduled on 4th, 5th, 11th and 12th Februaryat various centers all over India. GATE (Graduation Aptitude Test in Engineering) is an all India examination for admission to M.Tech, M.E in IITs, NITs, and GFTIs and in many private Universities. The GATE is conducted by IIT’s. This year GATE is going to be scheduled by IIT Roorkee. Generally examination held conducted from last week of January- February. Numbers of candidates appear for this examination every year.
Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination, which proved for the first time a comprehensive understanding of the various Undergraduate Materials Engineering and Technology is all a test of India that tests the first comprehensive understanding of the different materials engineering and technology undergraduate.
GATE is held jointly by the Indian Institute of Science, and seven IITs (IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, Kharagpur IIT, IIT Madras and IIT Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board-GATE, Department higher education, Ministry of human resource development (MHRD), Government of India.
· Name of Organization: IIT Roorkee
· Name Of Exam: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
· Category: Application Form
· Official site : gate.iitr.ernet.in
GATE 2017 Notification Eligibility Criteria
· Candidates must have Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
· Candidates must have Bachelor's degree in Architecture (Five year course) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
· Candidates must have Bachelor's degree of Four-year programme in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
· Candidates must have Master's degree in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programme.
· Four-year Integrated Master's degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology and those in the second or higher year of such programmes.
· Five-year Integrated Master's degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/ Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programmes.
· Five-year Integrated M.Sc. or Five year Integrated B.Sc./ M.Sc. degree and those in the final year of such programmes.
· Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognizsed by UPSC/ AICTE as equivalent to B.E./ B.Tech. Those who have completed Section-A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible
Read Also सफलता के लिए ज़रूरी है - Focus
· Aerospace Engg (AE)
· Agricultural Engg (AG)
· Architecture & Planning (AR)
· Biotechnology (BT)
· Civil Engineering (CE)
· Chemical Engineering (CH)
· Com. Sci & Information Tech (CS)
· Chemistry (CY)
· Electronics & Communication Engg (EC)
· Electrical Engineering (EE)
· Ecology and Evolution (EY)
· Geology and Geophysics (GG)
· Instrumentation Engineering (IN)
· Mathematics (MA)
· Mechanical Engineering (ME)
· Mining Engineering (MN)
· Metallurgical Engineering (MT)
· Physics (PH)
· Production and Industrial Engineering (PI)
· Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF)
· Engineering Sciences (XE)*
· Life Sciences (XL)
*XE Paper Sections Code
· Engg Mathematics (Compulsory) A
· Fluid Mechanics B
· Materials Science C
· Solid Mechanics D
· Thermodynamics E
· Polymer Science and Engineering F
· Food Technology G
**XL Paper Sections Code
· Chemistry (Compulsory) H
· Biochemistry I
· Botany J
· Microbiology K
· Zoology L
· Food Technology M
· For General/OBC – Rs. 1500/-
· For Women candidates – Rs. 750/-
· For SC/ST – Rs. 750/-
· The examination will be conducted as Computer Based Test.
· There will be total 22 papers in GATE.
· The examination will be conducted online.
· There will be total 65 questions in the GATE. The examination will be of total 100 marks.
· 55 questions will be based on the core subjects and engineering mathematics. These 55 questions will be of total 85 marks and rest 10 questions will be of total 15 marks.
· The examination will be divided into two parts:
· Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
· These type of questions will be of total 1 or 2 marks. Each question will have four options and out of them you have to choose the correct.
· Numerical Answer Questions
· These types of questions will be of 1 or 2 marks. Candidates need to answer by using the virtual keypad.
· There will be no options provided for this section.
Gate exam is for 100 marks and there are total of 65 questions. Duration of exam is for 3 hours.
· General Aptitude – 10 questions and it is for 15 marks
· Engineering Mathematics – 10 questions and it is for 15 marks
· Technical Questions – 70 marks
How to Apply:
· Go to official website @ http://gate.iitr.ernet.in/
· Click “GATE 2017 Application Form “.
· Fill the application form and submit it on or before 4th Oct 2016.
· Download and take a print of it for further use.
Read Also: Learn to Fill up Online Application Form
Commencement of Online Form
1st Sept 2016
Last Date to Apply
4th October 2016
Exam Starts from
4th, 5th, 11th and 12th Feb 2017
12th Feb 2017
Release Of Admit Card
5th Jan 2017
27 March 2017
Read Also www.employmentnews.gov.in 2016