Thursday, 13 October 2016
Candidates who are participate for any of competitive or entrance exam they must be update with current affairs, you can see all the latest updates on this page. We also provide some important quiz / questions and answers related to current issues that will certainly help in all competitions exams.
So you should have a look below to properly prepare for any competitive exam. For all positions in government, competition should appear. Candidates must have knowledge of every latest update in order to clear the exams like IAS, SSC, IBPS, UPSC Civil Services, SSC-CGL, NDA/CDS or any State Level PCS Examinations.
Examination is very high and the numbers of candidates in those who are going through the government are increasing. Current Affairs is the mandatory section of any competitive exam. So you have to know the latest news happening in the world.
Candidates can also download news and Current Affairs October 2016 a PDF through the online mode. We team provided some issues related to current issues in October for students who are preparing for competitions and maintenance.
Headlines of Current Affairs:
· Union Government notifies new import policy for marble & travertine blocks
· Alka Sirohi appointed as UPSC chairman
· China, Russia conduct joint naval exercises Joint Sea-2016 in South China Sea
· Scientists successfully grow three-dimensional lungs in lab using stem cells
· Indian shooter Subhankar Pramanick wins gold at ISSF Junior World Cup in Azerbaijan
· Priyesha Deshmukh wins bronze medal in World Deaf Shooting Championships
· Charkhi Dadri declared 22nd district of Haryana
· India declares itself free from Avian Influenza
· Indian Navy’s most Advanced Guided Missile Destroyer Mormugao launched
· Ministry of Ganga Rejuvenation and Ministry of Agriculture sign MoU for speedy implementation of Namami Gange programme
· Kunwar Bai chosen as Swachh Bharat Abhiyan mascot
· Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma conferred with Arjuna Award
· Gionee inks MoU with Haryana Government to set up manufacturing hub in Faridabad
· Union Government approves 500 crore rupee projects for development of tourism in Jammu and Kashmir
· Writer Meghna Pant wins FON South Asia Short Story Award
· India, Sri Lanka sign MoU to support fishermen in Hambantota district
Current Affairs Question and answers
1. Which Indian-American author has been selected for 2015 National Humanities Medal?
· [A]Abraham Verghese
· [B]James Gross
· [C]Priyanka Chernow
· [D]Milan Wilkerson
2. The Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya (IGKV) is located in which state of India?
· [B]Madhya Pradesh
· [C]Uttar Pradesh
3. The book “Shanti ki Talaash mein Zindagi” has been authored by whom?
· [A]Radhika Nagrath
· [B]Pranav Pandya
· [C]Nitin Bora
· [D]Malini Chopra
4. Which bank has tied up with Banaras Hindu University (BHU) for banking courses?
· [A]SBI Bank
· [B]Axis Bank
· [C]ICICI Bank
5. Ramkumar Ramanathan is associated with which sports?
6.Which mobile company has signed MoU with Haryana government to set up its mobile manufacturing hub?
7. Who has become the brand ambassador of Uttar Pradesh’s Samajwadi Kisan Beema Yojana (SKBY)?
· [A]Salman Khan
· [B]Nawazuddin Siddiqui
· [C]Irfan Khan
· [D]Vidya Balan
8. Who is leading the Indian delegation at the 2016 Non Aligned Movement (NAM) summit?
· [A]Narendra Modi
· [B]Hamid Ansari
· [C]Arun Jaitley
· [D]Pranab Mukherjee
9. What is the theme of 2016 International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer?
· [A]Ozone: the mission to protect world
· [B]Preserve Ozone Layer
· [C]Ozone and climate: restored by a world united
· [D]Ozone Layer Protection: the mission goes on
10. Which committee has recently submitted its report to tackle the shortage of pulses?
· [A]TVSN Prasad committee
· [B]Arvind Subramanian committee
· [C]Madhukar Gupta committee
· [D]Shailesh Nagar committee
11. Which Indian cricketer has been conferred Arjuna Awards for year 2016?
· [A]Yuvraj Singh
· [B]Mahendra Singh Dhoni
· [C]Ajinkya Rahane
· [D]Rohit Sharma
12. The 2016 Naropa festival has started in which state of India?
· [A]Himachal Pradesh
· [B]Jammu and Kashmir
13. Who has been appointed as the Goodwill Ambassador for the Dignity of Survivors of Human Trafficking of the UNODC?
· [A]Samantha Khan
· [B]Niharica Raizada
· [C]Nadia Murad
· [D]Malala Yousafzai
14. Which country will host the 2017 annual meetings of the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group?
· [D]Sri Lanka
15. Edward Albee, who passed away recently, was related to which field?
16. Which Indian American has won the 2016 Marconi Society Paul Baran Young Scholar Award?
· [A]Nandan Murudar
· [B]Priyanka Chernow
· [C]Dinesh Bharadia
· [D]Abraham Verghese
17. Which country has successfully launched the Tiangong-2 space laboratory?
· [D]Vietnam S
18. The 2016 Engineer’s Day is celebrated on which date in India?
· [A]September 17
· [B]September 18
· [C]September 16
· [D]September 15
19. Which of the following countries has recently hit by the powerful Typhoon Meranti?
20. The book “One & A Half Wife” has been authored by whom?
· [A]Advaita Kala
· [B]Meghna Pant
· [C]Rajiv Seth
· [D]Madhuri Banerjee