Current Affairs August 2016 Pdf Gk Quiz Questions, Capsule For Preparation
Affairs August 2016
Candidates who are participate for any of competitive or entrance examthey must be update with current affairs, you can see all the latest updates on this page. We also provide some important quiz / questions and answers related to current issues that will certainly help in all competitions exams. So you should have a look below to properly prepare for any competitive exam. For all positions in government, competition should appear.
Read Also:प्रतियोगिता परीक्षा के लिए तैयारी कहाँ से और कैसे Start करे - जानिये Tips & Tricks
Examination is very high and the numbers of candidates in those who are going through the government are increasing. Test or any other test or current affair in which common sense is important. Current Affairs is the mandatory section of any competitive exam. So you have to know the latest news happening in the world.
Candidates can also download news and Current Affairs August 2016 a PDF through the online mode. Sarkarinaukaricareer.com team provided some issues related to current issues in August for students who are preparing for competitions and maintenance.
Highlights for Current Affairs August:
· Tathagata Roy sworn-in as acting Governor of Arunachal Pradesh
· Winners of 2016 Wimbledon Championships of Tennis
· Lewis Hamilton wins 2016 British Grand Prix of F1
· Security forces cannot use excessive force in AFSPA areas: Supreme Court
· Pakistani philanthropist Abdul Sattar Edhi passes away
· DRDO inks MoA with IITs for Centre for Propulsion Technology
· Captain Radhika Menon: First woman to receive Exceptional Bravery award at Sea
· Union Government constitutes cyber cell to check online abuse and harassment of women
· IUCN declares Bornean orangutan critically endangered
· Nimi Sunilkumar wins Gourmand World Cookbook Award
· Kerala Government imposes 14.5 per cent fat tax on Junk Food
· Union Government launches KVK portal for monitoring of farm centres
· India sets up apparel training centre in Kaduna, Nigeria
· India, South Africa sign MoUs in four areas of co-operation
· BRICS drug control meeting begins in New Delhi
· India-Mozambique ink three agreements
· Astronomers discover HD 131399Ab, planet with three suns
· Russian President Vladimir Putin gives assent to Big Brother law
· South African writer Lidudumalingani wins 2016 Caine Prize
· Noted Music director Omi passes away
· Namami Gange projects for cleaning river Ganga launched
· World famous Rath Yatra of Lord Jagannath begins
· Union Government constitute Shankar Acharya Committee to examine desirability and feasibility of new financial year
· Cabinet Reshuffle: Cabinet Ministers and MoS portfolios
· India ranks 91st in 2016 Networked Readiness Index
· China inducts largest homegrown Y-20 military transport plane
Current Affairs Question and Answers
Q.1. Who is the author of the book “MS: A life in Music”?
· [A] U. R. Ananthamurthy
· [B] T.J.S. George
· [C] Elena Ferrante
· [D] Perumal Murugan
Answer: T.J.S. George
Q.2. The Kawal Tiger Reserve (KTR) is located in which state of India?
· [A] Assam
· [B] Kerala
· [C] Telengana
· [D] Chhattisgarh
Q.3. What is the India’s rank in the World Bank’s 2016 Logistics Performance Index (LPI)?
· [A] 55th
· [B] 78th
· [C] 35th
· [D] 19th
Q.4. Om Prakash Sonik, who passed away recently, was a famous personality of which field?
· [A] Journalism
· [B] Film Industry
· [C] Politics
· [D] Science
Answer: Film Industry
Q.5. The 2016 BRICS heads of drug control agencies working group meeting has been hosted by which city of India?
· [A] Jaipur
· [B] Hyderabad
· [C] New Delhi
· [D] Mumbai
Answer: New Delhi
Q.6. Which online grievance redressal portal has been launched by Union Railway ministry for railway employees?
· [A] Aakalan
· [B] Sahyog
· [C] Nivaran
· [D] Sahayata
Q.7. The ‘Smart Pulse Survey’ will be conducted by which state government of India?
· [A] Andhra Pradesh
· [B] Assam
· [C] Tamil Nadu
· [D] Punjab
Answer: Andhra Pradesh
Q.8. The Pobitora wildlife sanctuary is located in which state of India?
· [A] Arunachal Pradesh
· [B] Nagaland
· [C] Assam
· [D] Manipur
Q.9. The book “When Breath Becomes Air” has been authored by whom?
· [A] Ruskin Bond
· [B] Raj Kotwal
· [C] Paul Kalanithi
[D] Zalmay Khalilzad
Answer: Raj KotwalPaul Kalanithi
Q.10. “INNOPROM 2016” is the largest annual international industrial trade fair of which country?
· [A] Russia
· [B] Germany
· [C] United Kingdom
· [D] South Africa
Q.11. India has recently set up apparel training centre in which of the following African countries to promote skill development?
· [A] Zambia
· [B] Nigeria
· [C] Morocco
· [D] Algeria
Q.12. Which Indian personality has won the Gourmand World Cookbook Award for 2015-16?
· [A] Padma Vijay
· [B] Nimi Sunilkumar
· [C] Nandini Gulati
· [D] Marut Sikka
Answer: Nimi Sunilkumar
How to Download Current Affairs August 2016 PDF?
· Log on to the official website
· Click on suitable link for download
· To download it, click on it.
· Save it to your PC or any other gadget.
· Keep it to remember it